King’s Boiler Hire have been delighted to sponsor RACING HERTS FLYBALL TEAM. Racing Herts are a BFA (British Flyball Association) registered Flyball team.
Based at Bayford, near KING’S Hertfordshire head office, Herts Flyball’s friendly club welcomes people and dogs of all ages. They train each week (using an indoor riding school during colder months and training fields spring/summer) and have teams successfully competing throughout the year. Flyball racing is a very exciting spectator sport, so find out if Racing Herts are competing at a tournament near you by visiting www.racingherts.co.uk – It’s great fun for all the family!
Mildenhall Town was formed in August 1898, and although club records are scarce, the club did win the Suffolk Junior Cup in 1900, defeating SOUTHWOLD RA Volunteers 4-0 in the final. More recently Mildenhall FC lifted the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup at Diss in front of nearly 400 fans. They beat Norwich United 2-1 to deny their opponents a second consecutive League and Cup double.
Sponsoring Racing Herts Flyball and Mildenhall FC has been part of our commitment to corporate social responsibility; the KING GROUP are proud to be involved with the local community in a number of ways:
- Providing work experience placements and internships to local young people each year
- Supporting local football teams – Mark Hall YFC and Mildenhall FC and Speedway’s Richard Hall
- Support local Scout Groups
- Fund raising by sponsoring staff and client charity runs
- Providing employment opportunities for the long-term unemployed or disadvantaged
- Supporting charities such as Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital for many years
- Playing a key role in our local Business Neighbourhood Watch Schemes
- Policy of using local suppliers where possible
– Jayne Ellis – Director, KING GROUP
Management and staff are keen to engage with the local community. With our policies of using local suppliers wherever possible, having staff live locally to each branch and supplying many, many local clients with plant and equipment we can be proud of our community links.